Beauty and the Blooms
1. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. The “Beauty and the Blooms” Sweepstake (the “Sweepstake”) is being organized by Parker and Scott, LLC. and Burlap and Twine (“Sponsors”). The Sweepstake will begin on Sunday, August 14, 2022 at 8:00 a.m. and end on Sunday, August 21, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. Central Time (the “Sweepstake Period”). Limit of one (1) per person during the Sweepstake Period. All entries for the Sweepstake must be received before 11:59 p.m. on August 21, 2022.
Entrants may not register with multiple Instagram accounts nor may entrants use any other device or artifice to register multiple times or as multiple registrants. Any entrant who attempts to enter under multiple identities or uses any device or artifice to register/play multiple times will be disqualified and forfeits any and all Prizes won, at Sponsors’ discretion. Sponsors reserve the right at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and all of his or her entries) who tampers with the entry process. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of automated devices will cause disqualification.
Sponsors are not responsible for late, lost, delayed, unclear, incomplete, misdirected, or ineligible entries which will be disqualified or for technical, hardware, or software malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the sender, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstake which may limit the ability to play or participate, or by any human error that may occur in the processing of the entries in the Sweepstake. The computer clock of Parker and Scott, LLC is the official timekeeping device of the Sweepstake.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstake is open to legal residents of Texas aged 18 years or older, except employees of Sponsors, their parent(s), and affiliated companies, advertising agencies, and relatives of and those living in the same household as such employees. For the purpose of this Sweepstake, relatives are defined as spouse, mother, father, in-laws, grandmother, grandfather, brother, sister, children, and grandchildren. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Entrants must be able to pick up their prizes in person each month by visiting Parker + Scott at 2113 West Anderson Lane, Austin, Texas 78757. Void where prohibited.
3. SELECTION OF WINNERS: During the Sweepstake Period, Sponsors or their designated judges (whose decisions are final) will conduct a random drawing among all eligible entries to determine one (1) Prize winner. The winner will be notified that they may have won a Prize in this Sweepstake by direct message on Instgram. If the winner does not respond to Prize notification, or Sweepstake communication is rejected or returned as undeliverable, or if a winner cannot be reached after a reasonable attempt has been made by Sponsors (as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion), such winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected from all eligible entries. Upon Prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. The winners’ names may be published in any of Sponsors’ or their affiliates’ publications and/or websites.
4. PRIZES/ODDS: During the Sweepstake Period, there will be One (1) Prize awarded (“Prize”).
This Prize consists of twelve (12) small bouquets curated by Burlap and Twine and twelve (12) – $30 gift cards to Parker and Scott located at 2113 West Anderson Lane, Austin, Texas 78757. One (1) small bouquet and one (1) $30 gift card will be distributed per month for twelve (12) consecutive months beginning in August 2022 and ending July 2023. The combined retail value of all the Prizes is $720. Actual values may vary. Winners will not receive the difference between actual and approximate retail value. Winners will not be permitted to select Prize. Failure to use the Prize after it has been accepted by a winner will not excuse the winner from the obligation to pay taxes on the Prize accepted.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. If the Prize is legitimately claimed, it will be awarded. No transfers, Prize substitutions or cash redemptions will be made. In addition, Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute a Prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value whether due to the unavailability of a Prize or Prize component, or for any other reason. Prize is non-refundable and must be accepted as awarded. No more than the stated number of Prizes will be awarded.
Sponsors will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, vouchers or certificates. If any winner cannot use all or portions of the Prize, Sponsors will not be obligated to provide any sort of substitute ticket or compensation. All state, federal, and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner, regardless if a Prize is redeemed. All departure taxes, insurance, fees and fuel surcharges (including, airport departure taxes, airport arrival taxes, airline fuel surcharges, and tour-guard insurance) are the sole responsibility of a winner and must be paid by winner prior to departure. All travel expenses, lodging, ground transportation and any other expenses not specified in these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the winner.
5. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY/REQUIREMENTS: By entering entrant agrees to release, defend, hold harmless and indemnify Sponsors and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, contractors, directors, officers, governors, employees, and agents against any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), with respect to or arising out of any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a Prize awarded in the Sweepstake, including but not limited to any claims for damage to property, personal injury, death or claims based on defamation, rights of privacy, rights of publicity or merchandise delivery. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the entrant ineligible. By entering, entrant further agrees that (a) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (b) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstake, or any Prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (c) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. By entering, entrant agrees to fully release Meta, Facebook, and Instgram and acknowledges that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Meta, Facebook, or Instagram. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKE MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsors are not responsible for any printing or typographical errors in these Official Rules or any other materials associated with the Sweepstake.
By entering this Sweepstake and accepting the Prize, each winner agrees to maintain his or her behavior in accordance with all applicable laws and generally accepted social practices in connection with participation in any Sweepstake activity, including use of the Prize. Winner understands and agrees that Sponsors have the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify and remove any winner from use of the Prize at any time if a winner’s behavior at any point is disruptive or may or does cause damage to person, property or the reputation of Sponsors or otherwise violates the policies of the Prize providers.
At Sponsors’ sole discretion, each winner will be required to sign and return a claim form and an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within ten (10) days of receipt or his or her Prize may be forfeited. In the event of noncompliance with any of the foregoing requirements, the Prize may be forfeited. All Prize claims, affidavits of eligibility and liability/publicity releases are subject to verification by Sponsors.
Entrants enter at their own risk and Sponsors are not responsible for and shall not be liable for any condition caused by events beyond its control that may cause the Sweepstake to be disrupted or corrupted. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from this Sweepstake. Sponsors reserve the right to revise these Official Rules and/or to permanently disqualify any person they believe has violated these Official Rules.
6. GENERAL RULES: By entering the Sweepstake (except where prohibited by law), entrants consent to the use of their names, pictures, likenesses, voices, biographical data, and/or any other information contained in their entry in advertising, promotional and marketing materials throughout the world in any medium now or hereafter invented, including on the internet, by Sponsors and their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, or third-party partners, without additional compensation, notification, review, or approval. This consent expressly includes the right of Sponsors and their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, or third-party partners to use entrants’ provided contact information to contact entrants in the future with advertising, promotional, and marketing communications. Sponsors’ decisions will be final in all matters related to this Sweepstake, the interpretation of these Official Rules and awarding of the Prizes. If the Sweepstake is not capable of running as planned for any reason, Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, at any time and for any reason, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstake and/or these Official Rules, including those rules regarding the duration of the Sweepstake Period and ultimate award of any Prize. DO NOT call Sponsors as this Sweepstake will not be discussed by phone, except at Sponsors’ sole discretion.
7. CHOICE OF LAW/VENUE: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsors in connection with the Sweepstake, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings shall take place in the State of Texas, in the City of Austin.
8. SPONSORS: Burlap and Twine and Parker and Scott, LLC.